Move to fallback dates confirmed
GRYFN Hike and Fly 2022
- The first GRYFN Hike and Fly is to be held on the weekend of 25 – 26 June 2022.
- There will be a fall back weekend, 2 – 3 July, in case of untaskable weather conditions
- The race format is similar to that of the well known “Dragon”, but with gliders restricted to ENC “Sports Class” and below, making the race the first of its kind
- There will be an overnight camp option, with time bonus for participation, and no official supporters will be allowed.
- Sign up using the PayPal Event options above.
- There will be prizes and an end of event party with food and drinks included in your race entry.
- The early eagle entry fee will be £65 if booked before 28 Feb 2022
- After this date, the entry fee will rise to £75
- Maximum of 40 pilots
- Extra party tickets are available for supporters and friends for £10
- The event will be based out of the Crickhowell area and the nominal race distance will be approximately 50 to 100km
- Pilots should be BHPA Pilot rated
- Email us with your Paragliding-CV if you’d like a waiver or you have an overseas equivalent
- Entrants must have BHPA membership or suitable alternative insurance cover
- Personal accident insurance is recommended
- The Livetrack 24 Registration page will be live soon and race details will be sent to all entrants in due course.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Race Rules here!
- All entrants and race fans are asked to join this telegram group: Dragon Hike and Fly Chat
- And this one Dragon Live Tracking for Live Tracking
Any questions about the event can be forwarded to email@example.com
If any competitors would like to purchase a new #hikeandfly glider, harness, reserve, or any other equipment, please get in touch and we’ll be very happy to offer special prices to race entrants.
Follow the event on Facebook: GRYFN Hike and Fly Facebook Page.
GRYFN Hike and Fly 2022 - Rules
All pilots are required to familiarise themselves with the Race Rules.