If you are a competitor you can download your Waypoints to your GPS to avoid big traffic on registration Day. They also include your CIVL-ID and COMP-ID.
If you have an Bräuniger/Competino/Flymaster/Android follow the instructions below
else look and download the format suitable for your instrument (look below on this page for Other Formats
- Go to Registered & signed up pilots, Find your name in the list and download your waypoints (“.wpt”)
- Download your personal waypoint file (FS-GeoFormat, includes COMP-ID)
- Download GPSDump (if the link is dead try here)
- Open GPSDUMP.
- Choose File –> Open wpts or press Ctrl-W
- Select and open the waypoints file you downloaded in 3). It should contain your name
- Check the waypoints list. At the bottom there should be a CIVLID, a COMPID and a PILTID
Select ALL waypoints. You can do this with mouse, keyboard, or by pressing Ctrl-A
- If you have a Garmin USB, at this stage, you can just go to Wpts –> Send to Garmin (USB). See that it is uploaded, exit, check your GPS. You can stop here
- If you have a serial GPS (Flytec, Flymaster, Brauniger, MLR, Digifly), unplug it now.
Go to Misc –> Set COM port. Write down the list of available COM ports. E.g. COM1 / COM2
Plug in your GPS. Go again to Misc –> Set COM port. Compare the new list with the old list. There should be one more. Select the new COM port.
- Now just do Wpts –> Send to XXXX (ID + Name). XXXX should be the brand of your GPS
Other Formats (No COMP-ID is included in those files)
- FS-GeoFormat for Android, Bräuninger, Competino, Flymaster
- CompeGps for Skytraxx, Android, Bräuninger, Competino, C-Pilot
- CUP for SeeYou (Oudie)
- GPX for other instruments (check your manual)
Instructions (External Links)