Changed selection process
Nordic Open August 15th - 21st Aug. 2022 Werfenweng / Austria
CIVL-Cat. II paragliding cross country competition.
Organized by FSC Ikarus Abtenau on behalf of Austrian Aeroclub.
- valid pilot license
- valid FAI Sportlicence
- third party liability insurance (€ 1.500.000,-) valid in Austria*
- certified glider (EN-A - CCC)
- GPS-device for scoring
- certified helmet
- certified harness
- certified rescue parachute
- Mobilphone with mobile data connection and WhatsApp**
How to get here
Make sure to book your accomodation as soon as possible - peak season!
There will be a separate parking for campers (and tents) at the bottom station of the mountain railways. They offer power (bring your own cables) and sanitary facilities. You might have to pay some small amount to the landowner for the power.
Please do not use any other parking area for camping!
Selection and entry fee
Each Nordic country will have 28 spots (23 male, 5 female) based on CIVL WPRS ranking dated February 1st. If less than 5 females per Nordic country sign-up, the rest of the female spots will be allocated to males (up to a total of 28 spots) per Nordic country.
March1st - March 31st, 2022:
Free spots are continuously allocated to Nordic pilots exclusively by CIVL WPRS ranking dated February 1st 2022. If the selection reaches down to pilots with 0 ranking, further selection will be based on registration time stamp.
April 1st onwards:
Registration is open to all pilots. Selection is based on the CIVL WPRS ranking dated March 1st, 2022.
Wild Cards: Local organizers preserve the right to allocate 4 Wild Cards after April 1st, 2022, outside of the CIVL WPRS ranking dated March 1st, 2022.
- Participation in all tasks
- Transport to site
- Pick up and retrieval on the main route
- Colour map containing turn points, take-offs and landings. Detailed information about potentially hazardous areas (high tension wires, forwarding cables, etc.)
- ID card
- Lunch packets
- Free Internet access at Headquarters (Wi-fi)
- GPS control and task scoring
- Live tracking
- Emergency rescue, first aid, medical services as necessary
- A Pilot Dinner-Event during the competition
- Award Ceremony and celebration event
Prizes and competition categories
- Nordic Open (all certified gliders, incl. CCC, all pilots, all nationalities) 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nordic Open, female (all certified gliders, incl. CCC, only female, all nationalities) 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nordic Open, Sports Class (gliders certified up to EN/LTF C, all nationalities) 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nordic Championships, (all certified gliders, incl. CCC, only Nordic pilots) 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nordic Championships, female (all certified gliders, incl. CCC, only female, only Nordic pilots) 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nordic Championships, Sports Class (gliders certified up to EN/LTF C, Nordic pilots)1st, 2nd, 3